It is a wonderful feeling to have someone acknowledge that which you create. Thank you Sakhi of Quill & Parchment for granting me the Blogger Recognition Award. I am a self taught blogger and have my doubts about understanding how this is suppose to work but if I let doubts stop me I would never have started a blog or shared even one poem. I started my blog with one intention, to give. My first poem, flashlight batteries, is where I got the name for my blog. My goal continues to be to reach out to anyone in the world who may feel alone, frightened or confused. I believe that authentic connection between people changes the world. My advice is to give the gift of yourself. Now and at no time in the future will there ever be another human just like you. Don’t try to be something, just be who you are. The world needs the gifts that only you can give.
These are the blogs I would like to recognize. If you don’t accept awards then please consider this a personal thank you. You have all inspired me.
- Mabel Kwong
- Out an’ About
- Eyes + Words
- Watching the Daisies
- I didn’t have my glasses on
- Flying Through Water
- BUSINESS IN RHYME
- Edge of Humanity
- ADD And So Much More
- Forgiving Connects
- Confessions of a Reborn Girl
- Green Life Blue Water
- Kool Kosher Kitchen
- A Holistic Journey
Although rules have been shared, I want my nominated bloggers to feel no pressure to follow them. Life is short and we all need to make our own choices.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created.